2nd Line Support Engineer
We are seeking an enthusiastic Support Engineer to join our innovative and dynamic team.
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000 + excellent benefits and superb working environment
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Shift Patterns: Total hours 37.5 per week 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday + some on call
Eckoh is an exciting, fast growing technology company providing large enterprises, who operate or use Contact Centre services, with innovative Customer Engagement solutions and Secure Payment services. Our clients include some of the largest and best-known brands across the world.
Today, our aim is simple: To help our clients make every contact centre experience satisfying and secure for consumers. Come and discover what's refreshingly different about Eckoh.
We work in an award-winning, colourful, dynamic and collaborative environment where you will find flexibility, an open plan office and excellent opportunities for career growth. Our cross-departmental teams work on exciting projects, releasing new technologies to a wide range of clients.
With over 250 colleagues spread across the globe, we're a friendly bunch with a lot of knowledge and exciting plans. We're serious about what we do, but we certainly have a sense of humour. Eckoh is brimming with friendly, energetic and creative individuals, who are proud to be a part of our unique success story.
Our values sit at the heart of the culture at Eckoh:
- We Encourage and support everyone to grow with Eckoh
- We Challenge, listen, and are open minded to change and suggestions from others.
- As trusted advisors, we use our Knowledge to solve challenges and deliver the best for our clients.
- We take personal Ownership to strive for excellence in whatever we do
- We are welcoming, embrace diversity and respect each other in a spirit of true Humanity
To support our success, we are seeking a 2nd Line Support Engineer to come and join our innovative dynamic team.
Join a multidisciplinary team, in the varied roll mixing support and project work, supporting our own 10,000 port IVR payments platform, telecoms infrastructure and backend servers used by a multitude of UK and international blue chip clients, based in two UK data centres. Gain exposure to a cloud native DevOps culture as we build out our next generation backend platform.
Own transport is required for occasional data centre visits. Usual office hours, Monday to Friday, with some limited out of hours work, done from home.
Key functional responsibilities:
- Support our 10,000 port IVR Linux based platform
- Set up / support SIP trunks to multiple carriers and clients
- Assist first line support troubleshooting telephony/IVR client reported issues
- Build out platform expansion
- Be involved in new client projects
The candidate will be familiar with 70% of the skills listed. Training will be provided for missing skills.
- Ribbon SBC
- SIP Trunking
- VXML / Nuance Speech Recognition
- Monitoring (Nagios / Cacti / Splunk)
- Router & Switch fundamentals
- PCI DSS
Other skills / desirable:
- MySql/Postgres (Operation / Queries)
- Test automation
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
- Thinking and Drinking
So, If you are an innovator and love to find creative solutions to challenges, are passionate about helping customers provide exceptional service and a great team player, then you should consider working here at Eckoh.