We are seeking to recruit an experienced Linux Administrator to join our technical team.
Role: Linux Administrator
Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK
Hours: Total hours 37.5 per week 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (On occasion required to work US hours)
Eckoh is an exciting, fast growing technology company providing large enterprises, who operate or use Contact Centre services, with innovative Customer Engagement solutions and Secure Payment services. Our clients include some of the largest and best-known brands across the world.
Today, our aim is simple: To help our clients make every contact centre experience satisfying and secure for consumers. Come and discover what's refreshingly different about Eckoh.
We work in an award winning, colourful, dynamic and collaborative environment where you will find flexibility, an open plan office and excellent opportunities for career growth. Our cross-departmental teams work on exciting projects, releasing new technologies to a wide range of clients.
With over 250 colleagues spread across the globe, we're a friendly bunch with a lot of knowledge and exciting plans. We're serious about what we do, but we certainly have a sense of humor. Eckoh is brimming with friendly, energetic and creative individuals, who are proud to be a part of our unique success story.
Our values sit at the hear of the culture at Eckoh:
- We Encourage and support everyone to grow with Eckoh
- We Challenge, listen, and are open minded to change and suggestions from others.
- As trusted advisors, we use our Knowledge to solve challenges and deliver the best for our clients.
- We take personal Ownership to strive for excellence in whatever we do
- We are welcoming, embrace diversity and respect each other in a spirit of true Humanity
To support our success, we are seeking an exceptional Linux Administrator to join our innovative and dynamic team. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow within a role with future career progression prospects. On a personal level, we are looking for a self-starter, a great team player with well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills and, above all, we’re looking for someone with a strong desire to grow with us as a company.
As a Linux Administrator with an exceptionally fast-growing technology company you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced technologies.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for day to day maintenance of Eckoh’s globally distributed server infrastructure (Physical & Cloud-based).
- Assist in the creation and management of network and system monitoring tools.
- Handle change management requests / code deployments.
- Develop strategies to maintain and enhance platform availability and security posture.
- Research and evaluate new technologies.
- Excellent command line Linux experience.
- Experience in one or more scripting languages (eg Bash / Python / Ruby)
- Experience with cloud services such AWS.
- Familiarity with tools such as Puppet, Ansible and Terraform would be advantageous but not crucial.
- Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, Splunk)
- Experience with any RDBMS solutions (MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle)
- Experience with Scripting and Automation (Bash, Python)
- Experience with Repositories (GIT)
- Comfortable working in ambiguous and dynamic environments
- 25 days holiday which increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
So, if you want to join a creative team dedicated to delivering contact centre customer engagement and secure payment solutions then you should consider working here at Eckoh. Find out more about our team and culture here.