NOC Systems Technician
We have an excellent opportunity to join our expanding NOC team in Hemel Hempstead.
Salary: £25,000 + shift allowance, excellent benefits and superb working environment
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Shift patterns: Between hours of 6am to 10pm Monday to Friday Total hours 37.5 per week.
On Call rotation providing 24-hour call support. (Overtime and travelling is a requirement of this position)
Eckoh is an established technology company, we provide some of the largest businesses in the UK and internationally with customer service and payment solutions using speech, SMS, web and mobile apps. Our solutions help organisations meet the challenges of engaging customers online and over the phone. Our software removes the pressure of inbound calls on contact centres.
A new opportunity has arisen within the Technical Support Team. We are looking for a NOC It Support Technician to join our dynamic team of support technicians who manage the day to day operations of our platforms 24/7, including first line support of Linux systems.
These servers provide a mixture of critical functions including Application, Web and DB within a busy PCI hosting environment. The position requires someone with a rounded skill set across multiple technical disciplines as well as excellent communication skills to add to the existing team.
We work in an award winning, colourful, dynamic and collaborative environment where you will find flexibility, an open plan office and excellent opportunities for career growth. Our cross-departmental teams work on exciting projects, releasing new technologies to a wide range of clients.
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
- Thinking and Drinking
Your Key Functional responsibilities:
- 1st line contact point for Eckoh NOC, working across 5 shifts.
- Manage incident tickets in line with SLAs and respond to client’s requests.
- Be responsible for resolution and communication by working with wider teams through to closure.
- Liaise with clients and other business groups.
- Manage service deployments across the platform.
- Use and implement administration and monitoring tools.
- Basic day to day maintenance of servers.
- Assisting with security audits of the servers.
- Other administration duties within the department as required.
Your Primary areas of interaction:
- Information Technology Team.
- Project Managers.
- Experience working within an ITIL framework.
- Experience of commercial systems administration, preferably in large hosting business.
- Good problems analysis and solving skills.
- Excellent working practices and communications skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Approachable, adaptable and results driven.
- Experience operating from a ticket queue
- Ability to work autonomously
- 1-2 years’ experience administering Linux.
- Networking skills.
- A working knowledge of ITIL.
- Knowledge of GDPR and working practices.