Sr Software Engineer - Team Lead
We are looking for a qualified Senior Software Engineer to lead a team of enthusiastic developers.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + excellent benefits and superb working environment
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Shift Pattern: Total hours 37.5 per week 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday
Eckoh is an award-winning employer and established Technology company providing some of the largest businesses in the UK and globally with multi-channel customer service and payment solutions. Our customers include some of the best-known brands across the world in the UK, US and Australia.
Today, our aim is simple: To help our customers make every contact centre experience satisfying and secure for consumers. Come and discover what's refreshingly different about Eckoh.
You'll be able to produce elegant solutions with low code defects as well as being able to disseminate your knowledge and experience across the team.
You will be working on a variety of complex projects and/or products for blue chip customers which run in a multi-tiered Linux based voice/web platform.
We work in an award winning, colourful, dynamic and collaborative environment where you will find flexibility, an open plan office and excellent opportunities for career growth. Our cross-departmental teams work on exciting projects, releasing new technologies to a wide range of clients.
With over 250 colleagues spread across the globe, we're a friendly bunch with a lot of knowledge and exciting plans. We're serious about what we do, but we certainly have a sense of humor. Eckoh is brimming with friendly, energetic and creative individuals, who are proud to be a part of our unique success story.
Key functional responsibilities:
- Produce technical design and documentation to ISO standards whilst working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the technical requirements of projects and products are captured.
- Build high quality commercial applications from inception through to fruition.
- Share your knowledge and passion for technologies.
- Focussed on driving quality in all aspects of development.
- Write secure server and client-side code (OWASP), develop prototypes quickly and create robust, high-volume production solutions.
- Assist in the construction of platforms, systems and networking infrastructure, support of complex legacy platform.
- Develop and automate internal reporting and monitoring mechanisms.
- Respond to QA and technical issues in a timely and professional manner.
Leading a team of onsite and remote engineers, you are expected to build on your existing experience and gain domain specific specialist knowledge in Omnichannel customer service tools and technologies including Voice, Web, eMail, Social, Chat, Chatbot, AI, etc.
You will be expected to grasp concepts quickly, build relationships and communicate clearly with the team and project stakeholders. You will work on both product and customer facing projects, on occasion autonomously, and if required be able justify and negotiate your design decisions.
- Expert familiarity with Linux server systems (Ubuntu, Debian, CentOS).
- Backend web development experience: complex memcache arrays, memcache pools, cron processes etc.
- Database design and mySQL programming.
- Experience with version control (SVN/Git) and CI/CD workflow including Jira.
- Knowledge of website security (common vulnerabilities & mitigation techniques).
- Performance tuning & measurement.
- Successful candidate will need to be security checked by home office and therefore must have been UK resident for at least 5 years – previous/current SC clearance would be of benefit.
- Comfortable with asynchronous network programming, server frameworks, fault tolerance and scalability.
- Detailed understanding of implementing large server applications.
- Exposure to OpenVZ (Virtuozzo) environments.
- Linux and core network services (DNS, SMTP, NTP, Syslog, Apache, Nagios).
- Managing and programming using Cloud services (AWS preferred).
- Experience in capacity planning and large scale systems.
- Experience developing rich user frontend environments using HTML5, AJAX, JQuery, jPlot, Highcharts, Bootstrap, Angular, Node.js, Rich Text Editors.
- Experience with social networking integration (Graph/Rest API).
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, video games room)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
- Thinking and Drinking
So, if you are an innovator and love to find creative solutions to challenges, are passionate about helping customers provide exceptional service and a great team player, then you should consider working here at Eckoh. Find out more about our team and culture here.