Site Reliability Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer to join an innovative and dynamic team responsible for improving efficiency and driving innovation.
Salary: £40,000 - £55,000 + excellent benefits and superb working environment
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Eckoh is an exciting established Technology company providing some of the largest businesses in the UK and globally with customer service and payment solutions. Our customers include some of the best-known brands across the world in the UK, US and Australia.
Today, our aim is simple: To help our customers make every contact centre experience satisfying and secure for consumers. Come and discover what's refreshingly different about Eckoh.
We are growing rapidly and are looking to add an exceptional DevOps focused Site Reliability Engineer to join our innovative and dynamic team. You will bring your passion and enthusiasm to work with a variety of our high-profile clients.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Reliability Engineer(DevOps focused) to join an innovative and dynamic team responsible for maintaining and optimising a global infrastructure, improving operational efficiency and driving innovation. This is a fantastic opportunity to further advance your knowledge and career in Cloud Native.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- You will be involved in the day to day operation of Eckoh’s globally distributed hybrid infrastructure (Physical & Cloud-based).
- Development of strategies to maintain and enhance platform availability, operational efficiency and security posture.
- Architecture and deployment of new cloud infrastructure to support business needs.
- Develop and maintain Infrastructure as Code.
- Research, evaluate and implement innovative technologies.
- Experience with AWS to architect and operate highly available, secure production services.
- Experience with containers, especially Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS & ECS.
- Experience with HashiCorp tooling (Terraform, Vault)
- Experience with configuration management frameworks and automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
- Passion for the DevOps culture and principles.
- Disciplined working practices.
- Requires a knowledge of coding, coding techniques and demonstrable development experience in a chosen language.
- Ability to work with API’s (system/RPC, REST)
- Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, Splunk)
- Experience with any RDBMS solutions (MySQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment tooling (Jenkins)
- Experience with Cloud Watch, Prometheus, Envoy
- Experience with Scripting and Automation (Bash, Python)
- Experience with Repositories (GIT / SVN)
- Comfortable working in ambiguous and dynamic environments
On a personal level, you will be a great team player with well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills and, above all, we’re looking for someone with a strong desire to grow with us as a company.
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, video games room)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
We work in an award winning, colourful, dynamic and collaborative environment where you will find flexibility, an open plan office and excellent opportunities for career growth. Our cross-departmental teams work on exciting projects, releasing new technologies to a wide range of clients.
With over 250 colleagues spread across the globe, we're a friendly bunch with a lot of knowledge and exciting plans. We're serious about what we do, but we definitely have a sense of humour. Eckoh is brimming with friendly, energetic and creative individuals, who are proud to be a part of our unique success story.
If you are an innovator and love to find creative solutions to challenges, are passionate about helping customers provide exceptional service and a great team player, then you should consider working here at Eckoh. Find out more about our team and culture here.