Software Engineer - IVR
We have a number of exciting opportunities for a confident Software Engineers to join our experienced team in Hemel Hempstead.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 + excellent benefits and superb working environment
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Shift Patterns: Total hours 37.5 per week 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday
Eckoh is an exciting established technology company providing some of the largest businesses in the UK and globally with customer service and payment solutions. Our customers include some of the best known brands across the world in the UK, US and Australia.
Today, our aim is simple: To help our customers make every contact centre experience satisfying and secure for consumers. Come and discover what's refreshingly different about Eckoh.
We work in an award winning, colourful, dynamic and collaborative environment where you will find flexibility, an open plan office and excellent opportunities for career growth. Our cross-departmental teams work on exciting projects, releasing new technologies to a wide range of clients.
With over 250 colleagues spread across the globe, we're a friendly bunch with a lot of knowledge and exciting plans. We're serious about what we do, but we certainly have a sense of humor. Eckoh is brimming with friendly, energetic and creative individuals, who are proud to be a part of our unique success story.
To support our success, we are seeking a Software Engineer to join our innovative dynamic team.
Key functional responsibilities:
- Developing applications for Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems
- Work with frontend and backend developers to create bespoke client integrations
- [At least 5 years] Commercial development IVR experience working in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
- Core experience coding in VoiceXML
- Expert understanding of CCXML strongly desired
- Familiarity with Nuance ASR/TTS
- Solution / architecture design
- Desire to learn and continually improve
- Comfortable with modern development tooling such as Git and Jira.
Other skills / desirable
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Previous employment at PCI DSS compliant organisation
- Web application security
- Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
- 25 days holiday and increases with service
- Excellent Share Incentive Scheme
- Life insurance
- Simply Health scheme
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Employee Recognition schemes
- Free tea, coffee, fresh fruit and snacks
- Relaxation floor (lunch area, quiet room, pool table, Xbox)
- Well-being initiatives, such as in-house Reflexology and Sports Massage
- Discounted offers
- Team days and Volunteering events
- Christmas & summer company events
- Focused on education and training (conference attendance, higher education sponsorship)
- Thinking and Drinking
So, If you are an innovator and love to find creative solutions to challenges, are passionate about helping customers provide exceptional service and a great team player, then you should consider working here at Eckoh. Find out more about our team and culture here.