Five predictions to shake up contact centres in 2019
The world of contact centres is set for a big shake-up in 2019. That's the verdict of an Executive Insights report from Eckoh, which picks out five pressing issues and reveals how companies must respond to stay competitive.
The start of 2019 is a perfect time for contact centre directors to pause for breath and see how far they've come and how far there is to go.
Contact centres are at the sharp end of customer service. So often, agents do the heavy lifting when it comes to increasing loyalty, boosting sales and rescuing customer relationships.
But 2019 could be a watershed moment. That's because soaring customer expectations, advances in technology and new ways of doing business are all pressing in hard on the contact centre. The old ways of handling engagement just won't cut it any more.
To discover more about what's likely to be ahead, take a look at 'Five predictions to shake up the world of contact centres in 2019' and the accompanying advice offered by Eckoh.
Topics explored include:
- Why more companies will want something like their own Siri or Alexa in 2019. What's more, they may discover the answer exists within their contact centre.
- The steady decline of humans in the world of customer service virtually everywhere in pursuit of lower costs and the rethink that's required from companies.
- The arrival of chatbots in a surprising place, where people embrace them as part of their everyday working lives.
- Why people's hunger for personalisation whenever they interact with companies is likely to result in disappointment.
- Why frictionless payment methods could lead to a big boost in sales in 2019 for companies that choose the right solutions.
"If anything, the pace of change within customer engagement could accelerate in 2019," said Tony Porter, Head of Global Marketing at Eckoh. "It's more volatile than ever. Some technologies are embraced overnight, others struggle to get going because they miss key elements, and bold new ideas can fuse different technology together. That said, the relentless desire for choice, speed, convenience and security among consumers remains a constant.
"It's essential that customer-facing organisations ensure their contact centre strategy is in tune with the underlying trends within the marketplace rather than crossing their fingers and hoping they've got it right. This report identifies some important shifts that companies ignore at their peril."
For more details Download your free copy of 'Executive Insights: Five predictions to shake up the world of contact centres in 2019'. Alternatively, if you’d like to talk to us about this give us a call on 08000 630 730 or drop us an email at email@example.com.
Does it feel like it's panto season in your contact centre every day? If so,…
Are customers mysteriously falling out of love with your business — despite your…