Senior Technical Architect
Based in: Omaha, Nebraska
Department: US Technology
The Senior Technical Architect within the US Technology division will play a crucial role in both supporting the sales process (Sales Engineering liaison) and leading the design and delivery of our secure payment and agent desktop solutions, particularly those of a more complex nature.
The successful candidate will deliver technical leadership to the implementation teams, providing guidance and mentoring to less experienced team members. This will include making clear and timely decisions of a technical nature with an appreciation of the commercial and strategic relevance of those decisions.
As a seasoned technology professional, you will demonstrate a broad and in-depth knowledge of data and telephony networking including TDM/SIP, Contact Center technologies, Software Development lifecycle, Product lifecycle, Implementation / Delivery strategies, etc. You will be able to articulate complex technical concepts to both a technical and non-technical / Business audience with an appreciation of the operational aspects of running large enterprise contact centers.
You will demonstrate expertise in solving business problems using technology; excellent team leading, analytical, time management / task prioritization, communication and organizational skills are required.
- Support of the sales process / Sales Engineering team ensuring that you quickly understand the client environment(s) which may be complex and poorly documented.
- Provide oversight to the architecture of all implementations, leading the definition of that architecture for the most complex solutions.
- Drive the implementation of a common architecture for our solutions, ensuring that our emerging standards remain flexible and commensurate with the financial value of the services provided.
- Provide credible, engaging technical leadership and expertise during the sales process.
- Demonstrate knowledge of competing solutions, research new technologies and stay abreast of industry trends and standards.
- Communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to the technical team.
- Share your knowledge and passion for technology and proactively nurture the talent of less experienced colleagues.
- Ensure the US sales teams are appropriately on-boarded with new products and solution capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership in coordination with Sales Engineering team during US sales presentations and “whiteboarding” sessions with potential and current customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and leadership ability combined with an analytical and creative mind.
- A seasoned technology professional with a desire to mentor less experienced team members.
- Expertise and eagerness in preparing accurate and engaging technical documentation.
- Demonstrate experience of delivering lively and engaging presentations.
- Willingness to travel as required (expectation is > 30%)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Able to work with remote teams and partners to design and oversee delivery of world-class soltuions.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deliver to deadlines.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- A minimum 10 years in senior technical role demonstrating leadership, decision making and influencing ability.
- Self-motivated with sound commercial acumen.